How You Can Help
In recent years, many groups have supported the ongoing mission work of this
small Lutheran congregation at Rocky Boy through prayer, hands-on help, and financial gifts. There continues to be a great need here.
Ambassadors 1000 is a financial support campaign for Our Saviour's Lutheran Church on the Rocky Boy's Indian Reservation.
||All this is from God, who through Christ reconciled us to himself and gave us the ministry of reconciliation; that is, in Christ, God was reconciling the world to himself, not counting their trespasses against them, and entrusting to us the message of reconciliation. So we are ambassadors for
|II Corinthians 5:18-20a
To find out more about this campaign, please read the Ambassadors 1000 New Support Campaign Information and the Ambassadors 1000 Commitment Form.
Would you like to help with a specific project? We have a list of projects that need your help in prayers, in labor, and/or in financial assistance:
Major Projects -
- Remove and replace concrete steps with wooden steps on Parsonage porch. Fall/Spring/Summer project.
- Plant kitchen garden Spring project.
- Landscaping in front of the Mission House and Parsonage. Spring/Summer/Fall project.
- Replace interior stairs (to 2nd floor and to basement) in the Mission House Summer/Fall project.
Not so major projects, but still very important -
- Caulking windows in the Parsonage.
- Replace two basement windows in the Parsonage.
- Diaper changing tables installed in both lavatories in the Big Church.
- Roof vent on Mission House.
- New curtains for the Big Church
Work in the Rocky Boy community Ė
- Needs are currently being assessed.
Keep us in your Prayers
We thank all of you who keep us and our mission here in your prayers.
Come spend a few days helping out at Our Saviour's Lutheran Church. Many different talents and skill levels are welcome. Some jobs will depend on the time of year you come. Examples of some of the hands on help that could be needed include:
- plumbing, electrical, drywall, flooring, trimming
- painting and staining
- general carpentry and repairs
- community service
- archiving pictures and slides
- yard work and gardening Ė clean up, mowing, planting flowers, etc..
Call or e-mail the office at email@example.com to make arrangements. There is a use fee to stay on-site and, generally, meal preparation is the responsibility of each group unless special arrangements have been made in advance.
Our Saviour's Lutheran church relies upon gifts from outside the community in order to meet the financial needs of the ministry. Without the generous support of others, this congregation would not be able to continue its work here.
Donation checks should be made out to: Our Saviourís Lutheran Church
|And mailed to:||Our Saviourís Lutheran Church|
|499 Mission Taylor Rd|
|Box Elder, MT 59521|
Our Saviourís Lutheran Church is a 501c3 non-profit corporation and all contributions are fully tax-deductible.
Please consider sending a designated gift for our scholarship fund. From this fund, we give scholarships in the form of monthly stipends to students attending off-Reservation colleges or universities. In the past special arrangements have also been made for a congregation or womenís groups to sponsor a specific student. An example of this sort of gift in the past is a women's group that anonymously paid for Ĺ of a particular student's books for the four years of her university education.
For the specific requirements to receive a scholarship from Our Saviourís Lutheran Church, please look at